UWL Facts May 27, 2019 14:17:16 GMT -5
Post by UWL Office on May 27, 2019 14:17:16 GMT -5
Facts of Universal Wrestling League
Name - Universal Wrestling League (stylized as UWL)
- UWL World Championship - The title is the top title of UWL, with all talent competing for this title. The title also does not feature the word "Heavyweight" or any other weight class, indicating an open-weight status de facto and can have challengers from anyone who steps forward worthy of a shot. Simply referred to as the UWL World Championship.
- UWL Tag Team Championship - The top tag teams compete for this title. That’s a simple explanation. The best tag teams fight to get a shot at the UWL Tag Team Championship. Simply referred to as the UWL Tag Team Championship.
- United States Championship - The United States Championship is considered behind the World Championship, but that doesn't mean it's as not as important. It is considered a stepping stone to the World Championship. Simply referred to as the UWL United States Championship.
- Television Championship - The Television Title, is a championship that is another title in the mix of UWL. The holder of the Television Title successfully defends the TV Title four 4 times during their reign will receive a shot at the United States Title. No special rules, and it a stepping stone in UWL . Simply referred to as the UWL Television Championship.
- United States Tag Team Championship - The top up and coming tag teams compete for this title. That’s a simple explanation. The up and coming tag teams fight to get a shot at the United States Tag Team Championship. Simply referred to as the United States Tag Team Championship.
- There is a count of 10 on the floor.
- Throwing your opponent over the top rope intentionally will result in a disqualification.
- The UWL TV events are called, UWL Saturday Night.
- UWL TV Run Time is 2 hrs.
- UWL “Supershows” are broadcast on PPV, iPPV and VOD.
- UWL streaming service is Universal Wrestling Network (UWN).
- Jay Jefferson – The owner and head booker of UWL is working hard to get UWL back to prominence, and make a impact on professional wrestling. After having tremendous success in the past, Jay Jefferson looks to bring his principals of success to help build UWL into the best company possible.
- Todd Clay – Todd Clay has known Jay Jefferson for years, always admiring Jay’s work in professional wrestling. Now Todd will get his chance to work along side Jay, serving on the staff of UWL. Todd will work along side Jay, playing an small role in booking.
- Bryan Crews – Bryan Crews a former professional wrestler, serves as go between for the wrestlers and office. Bryan has a deep passion for seeing the sport of professional wrestling succeed, and grow. Bryan Crews will do what ever is asked of him to help UWL grow, and succeed.
- Cliff Morris – Cliff Morris joins UWL after 14 years working for the Knoxville News Sentinel, working as a sports columnist, also working for WIVK hosting a popular sports talk radio show. Cliff Morris always being a fan of professional wrestling, jumping at the chance to join UWL.
- Logan Acker – Logan Acker may be young, 26, but he brings excitement, and an knowledge of professional wrestling to UWL. Logan Acker, is an graduate of East Tennessee State University. Logan comes to UWL after working for WAEZ, Greenville, TN.
- Abby Joseph - Abby comes to UWL after briefly working as a news anchor at WKPT in Kingsport, TN. Abby now joins UWL as an Interviewer.
- Emily Lyle - Emily comes to UWL after working for WTNZ in Knoxville, TN, as a reporter, and anchor
Referees - (They’re never named during matches)
- Boyd Aiken - Senior Referee
- Byron Evans - Referee
- Ned Irvin - Referee